Presenting the Tula Pink HomeMade Challenge:
A juried and judged quilt challenge Sponsored by FreeSpirit and Aurifil.
Facing the unexpected occurrence of COVID-19 and the amazing response from the quilting community to dedicate their time and fabrics to making masks, FreeSpirit Fabrics polled participating retailers and decided it necessary to make adjustments to the challenge dates.
The Legal Stuff
For the complete HomeMade Challenge Contest Rules, CLICK HERE!
The Competition Calendar
September 30, 2020
- Submission deadline for entrants to submit their quilt(s) to Thimble Full of Stars (retailer) for judging.
October 1 thru October 31, 2020
- Thimble Full of Stars (quilt shop) will select our shop’s winner.
- Quilts will be returned to quilters by Thimble Full of Stars.
November 2, 2020
- Deadline for Thimble Full of Stars (retailer) to submit signed entry form and images of our shop’s selected quilt to FreeSpirit Fabrics for jury.
December 14, 2020
- FreeSpirit Fabrics jury announces the 12 selected quilts that will be part of the HomeMade Challenge trunk show/exhibit.
January 9, 2021
- Deadline for receiving trunk show/exhibition quilts (shipped from the quilter) at FreeSpirit Fabrics in Charlotte, NC.
January 9 thru January 24, 2021
- HomeMade Challenge Virtual Exhibit and peer voting for first place, honorable mention and viewer’s choice awards.
February 5, 2021
- Winners of the HomeMade Challenge Virtual Exhibit will be announced.
February thru July 2021
- HomeMade Challenge Trunk Show. (Thimble Full of Stars can be one of the hosts of the trunk show.)
- FreeSpirit Fabrics ships the quilts to Quilts Inc. for the special exhibit at the Fall International Quilt Market and Festival in Houston, October 2021.
- Quilts will be returned to quilters by Quilts Inc.
How to Enter
HomeMade Challenge participants must send their entries, at his/her own expense, to:
Thimble Full of Stars LLC
c/o Jackie Fitzgerald
413 Canterberry Drive
New Braunfels, Texas 78132
EACH Challenge entry must include a printed and completed ENTRY FORM. Please make sure that your form is completely filled out and that all information is clearly written. If you would like to type the “story of your quilt” portion and include it on a separate page, you may do so. Sign and date your form. Please also make sure that your contact information is correct, as it will be the information that we will provide to FreeSpirit Fabrics and will use to return your quilt back to you.
Challenge entries must arrive no later than September 30, 2020 to be included in the jury selection by Thimble Full of Stars LLC.
We highly recommend that all works submitted be sent in a secure package via a trackable courier with proper shipping and handling. The original box/packaging will be kept for return shipping only if specifically requested. Please note Thimble Full of Stars is not responsible for damage caused to packaging or contents during shipping and new/alternative packaging may have to be provided for return shipment. TIP: If it is possible to enclose your work in an XLarge plastic bag or covering (we recommend the over-sized Ziploc style bags), it may help to protect/secure your work during shipping. Please do not send your work in pillowcases or other coverings that may become lost or separated from your submitted work.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!