May 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box
The May Quilter’s Candy Box has arrived and I’m LOVING it! This month’s treasures include:
- the exclusive Sharon Holland Designs “Castle Garden” quilt pattern,
- 7 fat quarters of the whimsical new Maureen Cracknell Flowerchild fabrics from Art Gallery Fabrics,
- the most adorable 3.75” sheep scissors from Kelm Scott Designs,
- an 8 oz. bottle of starch-free, scentless, smoothing spray called Flatter Spray by www.soakwash.com,
- some sweet-treat Fatty Sundays Birthday Cake Pretzels,
- and a subscriber exclusive 15% off coupon code for Flower Child and coordinating basics bundles fromLady Belle Fabrics, so that I can purchase the material needed for Castle Garden at a discount! (Finished quilt size is 78” sq.)
June 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box
It’s rainy in the Texas Hill Country, but it’s sunny days in my sewing room because I just got my Quilter’s Candy Box delivery and it’s Christmas in June! This month they went crazy:
- a layer cake roll of (24) Vintage Holiday Fabric cuts by Bonnie and Camille AND a Fat Quarter bundle of (5) MORE holiday fabrics!
- Bonnie and Camille’s 78” x 88” Christmas Cheer Quilt Pattern AND their Thimble Blossoms Mini Quilt and Ornaments Patterns.
- The sweet treat this month is a Patchwork Threads water bottle made for quilters!
Thanks Quilter’s Candy Box for the super great box this month! The best way to a quilter’s heart is through her fabric stash!
July 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box
The July Quilter’s Candy Box has just arrived and it’s PERFECT! It’s filled with summer fun:
- a (5) Fat Quarter fabric bundle of Amalfi Fabric by Cotton and Steel made for Rifle Paper Co, featuring a delicious pink and cream colorway of the Italian Amalfi Coast featuring beach scenes, coastal waters, flowers, vespas, cathedrals, the leaning tower, gelato, and many more “things Italiano.”
- the Stained Glass Windows exclusive early release full-size quilt pattern made by Emily Dennis of Quilty Love,
- Wooly Felted Wonders’ Wooly Felted Ironing Mats from Happy Valley, Oregon! These ironing blocks are ultra impressive and I’ve been pining for one! This 8” x 8” size is going to travel beautifully!
- The PinPlace ScissorSpot Magnetic holder for your sewing machine. This handy little gadget I have never seen before! It suction’s (no glue!) right to the side of your machine (or other handy location) and holds your metal tools within reach. It’s like a giant needle-minder, but for your scissors or pins! Neat! (Also could be great for when I’m not in my usual sewing space!)
- This month’s sweet treat is a scrumptious bag of CC Made Classic Artisan Style Caramel Corn to munch on while you sit back and “I-spy” all the fun finds in that Almafi fabric! (Even the selvedge is awesome!)
With this box of Italian summer, all that’s missing is the lemoncello — and to SEW!!
August 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box
LOBSTER BAKE! It’s a day at the bay with Quilter’s Candy Box and Tasha Noel in this month’s QCB delivery! In this month’s themed box:
- Tasha Noel’s new Seaside Stars Quilt Pattern,
- (5) charming Fat Quarter pieces of her new Seaside Fabric collection for Riley Blake Designs, featuring florals, sailboats, flags, lobsters, lighthouses, seagulls, flying kites, and more summer fun!
- To match, a set of (4) Seaside collection washi tapes with lovable anchors, sailboats, lobsters, and checker prints, to use as gift embellishments, ruler markers, and seam allowance markers,
- and a set of (4) (twelve total) Seaside collection sew-in quilt labels to personalize your finished projects.
- (4) beautifully matched (12 wt.) coordinating Sulky threads to colorfully quilt your projects with a “thicker, more hand-quilted look,”
- a box of adorably color-matched Lori Holt Bee in My Bonnet sewing-themed adhesive bandages for your sewing room,
- and, last, but most importantly, a DELICIOUS bag of Hammond’s Candies Old Fashioned Lemon Drops! Because you can’t have lobster by the sea without yummy, puckery lemons!
Another box of fantastic delivered right to my door! Thanks for being my “lobster” of quilting fun AGAIN this month!
September 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box
Hey Sunshine! Quilter’s Candy Box sent me a box of sunshine and it’s delivery couldn’t have had more beautiful timing! It is storming in the Texas Hill Country and the weatherman says we’re in for more thunderstorms and heavy rain ALL next week! But it’ll be sweet, sweet sunshine for me because I’ll be making a mini quilt specially designed by Tied With a Ribbon for Candy Box subscribers!! I LOVE Jemima Flendt’s creativity and her patterns are wonderful to sew! Included in this month’s box is:
- all the fabric required to make the mini (AND they’re Birch Fabrics, too!)
- a super cute “Keep Calm and Quilt On” spray bottle by Stylist Sprayers for your Best Press (it’s ergo design includes an ENDLESS SPRAY, so no tired hands!!),
- a 12-pack assorted size Side-Threading Needle by SENCH Needles (for no-fuss needle-threading!),
- AND a delightful box of assorted See’s Candies Little Pops. Love these. They’re snack-size lollipops, without the stick. MORE butterscotch please!
NOTE: The contents card also says this month’s box includes a FriXion pen, but mine was missing from the box. FriXion pens are magic heat-erase pens and they are fantastic on the right fabrics and for the right job!
September 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box — UPDATE
When Elizabeth Chappell with Quilter’s Candy Box found out that I didn’t get my FriXion pen, she mailed one out to me right away. I received it a few days later with the sweetest card!
October 19, 2018 – Quilter’s Candy Box
October’s Quilter’s Candy Box is here and it’s super cute, as always! Maybe it’s just the pecan pie, but this box feels like southern charm, to me! In this month’s box:
- (5) half-yard cuts of Amy Sinibaldi’s new Beethoven Inspired Sonata Fabrics for Art Gallery Fabrics. The combination of imperial blue, magenta, vermillion, and dusty pink is quite a concert! The Vienna Rosebeam windows and the Sinfonie instruments are my favorites in the box, but the entire line is fab!
- A “stay sweet” strawberry stamp enamel pin also designed by Amy Sinbaldi and made by Maker Pin Co. It’s a two pin collector’s set and it’s adorable!! Having one definitely makes me want the other!
- The Trixie quilt pattern created by Melanie Collette of Hello Melly Designs.
- A wooden decorative block created by Katie Savin at Just Add Sunshine Inc.just for QCB. Decorate your bookshelf, sewing room, or office with this sweet little block to proudly display your love for sewing and quilting!
- The sweet treat for this month is a mini old fashioned pecan pie by Priester’s Pecans. It’s a favorite in our house anytime of year, but in the months of October through December they become especially popular for the fall season! (We’ll take any excuse to have pecan pie!)
November 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box
My QCB showed up at my doorstep and it’s the cutest thanksgiving themed box of quilting goodies! Inside:
- The Snow Cabin Quilt Pattern by Brittany of Lo & Behold Stitchery,
- Warm Crochet sent some pretty little Warm Crochet Scissors and a discount code to purchase a second pair (Christmas is coming and these would make excellent stocking stuffers for a quilty friend!)
- A “quilter” tote bag from QCB for a quick run to the fabric store!
- A festive fat quarter bundle of Calico Crow Fabric by Lauren Nash of Transient Art for Riley Blake Designs! It’s full of autumn and vintage vibes, but I’m in love with the adorable “cawing” crows on the line and the handwritten recipes and pie spiced fabrics!! You know I’m headed to the store now (with my new QCB tote to get more of these!)
- My other favorite thing in this month’s box is the precious “you’re my pumpkin pie” enamel pin designed by Laura Nash exclusively for QCB subscribers!
- And lastly, the yummy treat! This month QCB decided to “treat” us with a sweet charm pack of Bella Solids by Moda Fabrics to pair with our Calico Crow fabric and I am not disappointed one bit. I’ve had enough pie and sweets from the Thanksgiving holiday – this was the perfect goody this month! Delicious!
December 2018 Quilter’s Candy Box
The last Candy Box has arrived for the year and it’s adorable in all black and white! This month’s box includes:
- (2) Urban Cottage Fabric Charm Packs by Urban Chiks for Moda Fabrics,
- Fun Stuff Block Socks by Moda Fabrics to keep my feet warm while it’s “petal down” this winter on the sewing machine! (I love to drive in my socks!)
- A QCB exclusive “quilt” pendant necklace from the Compton Company. Cute!
- The new Magnolia Quilt Pattern by Simply Mackbeth, inspired by the tile floor pattern at the Silos at the Magnolia Market. I LOVE the discovered quilt patterns in tiling and architecture!
- And, a 3-piece box of handcrafted milk chocolate sea salt caramels from Lolli and Pops. YUM!
February 2019 Quilter’s Candy Box
It’s February and QCB is BACK! in this month’s box:
- The cutest fat quarter bundle of My Mind’s Eye Sparkle “Yes, Please” from Riley Blake Designs! I’m loving the pink metallic!
- A Tailors Hardwood Clapper for perfectly pressed seams.
- a 60mm Replacement Blade by Olfa Creates. I now have an excuse to get a new 60mm cutter!
- A 24-pack of 1” double-sided Sticky Dots from Riley Blake Designs for adding embellishments to your finished project.
- The “Vienna” Quilt Pattern from Quilter’s Candy.
- An applique pressing sheet.
- a BIG sneak-peak announcement about NEXT MONTH’S BOX: QCB to be curated by Maker Valley!
March 2019 Quilter’s Candy Box (FINAL BOX)
March Quilter’s Candy Box comes with such bittersweet news! Elizabeth Chappell with Quilter’s Candy is officially announcing that Maker Valley and Stately Type are the new owners and curators of the Quilter’s Candy Box subscription box. Maker Valley will continue on the monthly subscription box, now known as the Maker Valley Quilter Box, and those who were receiving the box before need to do nothing if they wish to continue to receive their monthly mailings. March’s curated box is the first taste of Maker Valley’s new “flavor” and she hopes that many QCB subscribers will remain enthusiasts and continue to stay on with MVQB.
I loved Elizabeth’s boxes, so it’s sad to see the change, but I there is great creativity from the Maker Valley – Stately Type team, so I’m excited to see what they have in store for us!
Included in the March Box:
- a fat eighth bundle of Heather Ross’ adorable Trixie Fabric,
- the cutest tube of Tulip Brand flat-flower-head pins,
- a Maker Valley Grid Paper Notebook,
- Maker Valley sewing heart-shaped stickers and magnet,
- a Maker Valley Enamel Pin,
- and the Countdown Chain Sewing Pattern for making those adorable paper chains from our childhood, only better — with FABRIC!
I have truly LOVED every single Quilter’s Candy Box that I have ever received. Thanks Elizabeth Chappell for such a fun experience!